If you have ever needed to restore or need to remove a jailbreak from your iOS device you would need to put it into “DFU” mode. In other words this means recovery mode.
Putting your device into recovery mode is simple when you follow these steps:
- Plug your device into your computer
- Turn off the device by holding the Sleep/Power button and swiping to turn off your device
- Hold the power button for 3 seconds
- Begin holding the Home button without releasing the Sleep/Power button for 10 seconds
- Release the power button and continue holding the home button until you get a popup from iTunes that your device is recognized as being in recovery mode.
It’s that simple, then you can restore your device in iTunes. If you need to get out of recovery mode then hold down the Sleep/Power button and the home button simultaneously until the Apple logo appears.